question

Lex Hamill avatar image
Lex Hamill asked

Victron ccgx - head unit for a REC BMS

Our yacht is set up with 400 AH of lithium batteries. The batteries are charged using 800 watts of solar power through a Victron 100/50 MPPT. I have recently installed a REC battery management system. My plan was to monitor the batteries using a Victron ccgx. Unfortunately the Ccgx won’t recognise the REC BMS. As my MPPT is only a 100/50 model am I required to first of all power the VE Can network with the VE Can power cable. Would appreciate any help please.

BMS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

av1um avatar image av1um commented ·
did you sort it out in the meantime? if not, I might be able to help. works very fine for me here...
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
rick-ogss avatar image
rick-ogss answered ·

Here is an updated wiring diagram for the Active 12V BMS and Q Series BMS showing your network connections. You will need to grab the REC BMS Victron user manual as well so you can configure the parameters and match the CANBus network speeds. Note the EOL terminator locations.

There is more info at: https://rec-bms-na.com/downloads/

rec-active-bms-wiring-diagram-rec-active-bms-1-rel.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nebulight avatar image nebulight commented ·
Looking good Rick!
0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi!

I recommend to check with rec bms support and/or search around here on community for other rec bms related queries

2 |3000

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic