question

mrft avatar image
mrft asked

ESS Assistant triggers a low battery voltage error and shuts Easysolar inverter off

Good day all

I am trying to set my two EasySolar systems up to use the ESS function. However after installing the ESS assistants using VeConfigure, the inverters start flashing the low battery voltage led and then disconnect. My battery bank is sitting on 52v (Pylontech US3000) so there is no actual low voltage present.

My parameters for the ESS Assistant are as follows:

Country/Grid Code Standard : Other not compliant to any grid code standard (there is no option for South Africa in the live setup as given in the Fake Target With Full Options setup)

LOM Detection: Type B

Transfer Switch: Unchecked

Inverter Tab: Left on default

Charger Tab: Enable Charge selected; Absorption Voltage: 52.2V, Float Voltage: 52.00V, Charge Current: 50A Absorption time: 2 hrs

Battery system: System uses LiFePo4 with other type BMS

Battery capacity: 444 Ah (I have 12 x US3000 Pylontech batteries)

Sustain Voltage: 48V

Dynamic cut-off: 46V for 2c as per Victron/Pylontech reccommendations

Restart offset: left on default (1.20V above cut-off)

Pv Inverters: No

Can anyone assist with the solution to this problem?

Thank you and regards,

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

You need to configure the low battery shut down, inverter restart and low battery warning setpoints in the inverter tab. For pylontech those are 44V (low shutdown), 48V (inverter restart and low battery warning)

Further, if you update the multi firmware to 460, NRS Gridcode for South Africa is available. Let me know if you have any issues, I have many EasySolar units with this battery installed running ESS

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mrft avatar image
mrft answered ·

Thanks Murraynated. I will do so. Most probably the system will work correctly once I have updated the firmware.

1 comment
2 |3000

Murray van Graan avatar image Murray van Graan commented ·

Let me know how it goes, and good luck!

0 Likes 0 ·