question

fenix avatar image
fenix asked

Alarm logs clean up in the VRM portal

Hello

How to clean up Alarm logs in the VRM protal?

:-)

VRM
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Could you provide some more insight as to why this is important to you?

0 Likes 0 ·
fenix avatar image fenix Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

..having old alarm for me is not useful.. also pretty sure it is taking a lot of spaces in your database.. so space=$ , speed etc..

0 Likes 0 ·
7 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I’ll pass on the feature request.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

georgen avatar image georgen commented ·

any updates with the request

0 Likes 0 ·
fenix avatar image fenix commented ·

any updates with the request

0 Likes 0 ·

I passed on the request, but there are no plans to add the feature at this stage.

There is other work underway to improve the alarms system in VRM.

0 Likes 0 ·
danielw avatar image
danielw answered ·

Hello,

we would also be interested if there is another way to clear them, except deleting the installation and set up a new one.

Thanks

2 comments
2 |3000

danielw avatar image danielw commented ·

Well, if you have a loooong alarm log, either because you experimented with something or because something was wrong but is OK now, you want to have it clear before you send the customer the invitation... without deleting the installation and setting everything up again, with the desired graphs and their position on the site, for 3 BMV, 3 MPPT, color control, energy meters etc...

1 Like 1 ·

Hi @DanielW,

Can you please explain why is this feature important to you?

0 Likes 0 ·
essentia avatar image
essentia answered ·

I would also like to be able to clear the error logs on the VRM portal. Old errors from bringing up the system are distracting and unhelpful now that I'm done.

2 |3000

mryoshii avatar image
mryoshii answered ·

it would realy be nice to clear the alarm log. it should be a Standard feature.

2 |3000

fixitbaz avatar image
fixitbaz answered ·

Any news on the resetting of the error alarms yet

2 |3000

jad51 avatar image
jad51 answered ·

I was hoping they would fix this up in the update, why would I want to see alarm logs from two years ago or ones that cleared in under a minute. I find it unfathomable you can not clear them. It is one think that really irks me

4 comments
2 |3000

I'll mention it again next meeting I am in with the VRM team.

For now the method to clear the alarms on a new system commissioning is to delete the installation in VRM and it will start fresh.

I don't think there will be a way to completely clear them (aside from deleting the installation), but I see the ability to archive old alarms out of sight from the log as useful.

Are you in the alarm logs so often that this is priority over other new VRM features for you though?

0 Likes 0 ·
epuhs avatar image epuhs Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, I do consider it a priority. I want to hand over clean installs after installation/testing, not ones with a bunch of alarms.

2 Likes 2 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw epuhs commented ·
I can see the viewpoint on both sides, but think logs can serve multiple purposes e.g. to aid warranty claims, fault finding and can also be actually used to familiarise customers with what it alarms look like. Home batteries today store these for reasons above and are not removable. Without it you simply don't have a claim as the burden of proof shifts onto the installer/owner.
1 Like 1 ·
southernoceansolar avatar image southernoceansolar ejrossouw commented ·

fair point. but also as installer i agree with others here you dont want to deliver a product with alarms all over it as you are configuring etc. so perhaps it needs a feature that says we will upload this data to our portal for future warranty claims etc and you can delete from VRM portal from the newly comissioned device.

0 Likes 0 ·
Martin Kunz avatar image
Martin Kunz answered ·

Ich habe ebenfalls den Wunsch das mein log-Verzeichnis leer ist. Wo liegen denn die Daten? Wenn die lokal liegen, reicht womöglich die Nennung des Pfades und der Zugriff über SSH mit root. Alles ist möglich .

2 |3000