question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Limit exported power to grid?

Hi,

Is it possible to limit power to the grid with a Quattro/Venus/Fronius AC coupled setup?

I would like to export alot of kWh and therefore have a bigger system then my mainfuses can handle.

I know there is frequency shifting, but i understand it to be on/off rather then limit of total kW currently being used over AC in.

Kind Regards

Venus GX - VGXFronius
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

Try the grid limit setting with a negative power limit.

Switch off export excess solar.

I don't have a downstream Fronius, but it works with a Quattro & Venus.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ·

Hi and thanks for your reply.
In the ESS Manual i read (4.3.11) that the function Fronius Zero feed-in is available, but not how it works.

I would like to be able to specify that my main fuses are 16A AC threephase and that the system will balance the energy bought and sold over the grid to never exceed 11kW (in my situation) and trip the fuses.

Kind Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin ehsab commented ·

I can see a problem with that.

If you try to balance all three phases, the quattro could potentially load or export more than 16A on one phase, while attempting to keep a balance.

So if have a 3 phase system, you'd have to set the maximum export at a grid setpoint that would limit it to 16A in any phase. That setting would be a third of the system's actual export potential.

Maybe there's a way around it that I don't know.

0 Likes 0 ·
ehsab avatar image
ehsab answered ·

In the ESS manual 2.1.3 i read "With the Zero feed-in option enabled, the ESS system will continuously monitor and actively control the output power of the Fronius grid-tie inverter."

I take it that it can limit the output power seamlessly up and down, 1 minute 4kW, the next minute 6kW, the next minute 0kW.
What triggers/controls this and what regulate it?

Kind Regards

2 |3000