question

norbert avatar image
norbert asked

SmartSolar MPPT 150/35 change of system voltage

Hello,

I used my MPPT on a 24v battery system. Now I changed the battery system to 48v.

The user manual shows that the system voltage can be changed via the app - and I found it there in the settings.

My question is:

Do I need to change the voltage setting from 24v to 48v while the MPPT is connected to the 24v battery - because it's current setting is 24v?

Or can I connect it to 48v and then change the system voltage from 24v to 48v?

This is not clear documented and I do not want to destroy it.

I also already searched this forum without success.

Thx Norbert

voltage
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

RO NISH avatar image RO NISH commented ·
hey,

Is there any way we can change the voltage setting in a 100/20 controller manually without the app? Maybe modify the controller somehow?

Please let me know if you have any ideas?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Since your going up in voltage I would connect it to your new 48v battery bank and then change it.

Or you could do it while connected to your current 24v battery, but with the solar disconnected or at night.

But even if you changed it while connected to your current 24v battery during the day, then quickly disconnected it, there would be no time for it to increase the battery voltage and do any damage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

norbert avatar image
norbert answered ·

Mark, thanks for your answer.

- Based on 24v battery I disconnected the solar and turned off loading (via app)

- Changed the system voltage from 24v to 48v (via app).

- Reconfigured the battery to 48v (with disconnected mppt).

- Connected mppt to battery again.

- Mppt first showed 24v battery voltage but short time later it switched to 48v.

- Enabled loading (maybe the switch to 48v was after this step - not sure any more)

- Connected solar

.... works

3 comments
2 |3000

Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Great, nice to hear it's all now setup for 48v and working well.

There was also another option which I forgot, which was to perform a complete reset to factory settings. Then on the next power up it would auto detect and set the battery voltage (just like it would do new out of the box). But that's a bit irrelevant now... :-)

0 Likes 0 ·
norbert avatar image norbert Mark ♦♦ commented ·

Also an option but I assume this will also delete the history.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mark avatar image Mark ♦♦ norbert commented ·

Yes it would...

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic