question

paul-van-der-meulen avatar image
paul-van-der-meulen asked

How can I log BMV data and be aible to read it in future versions of Victron Connect

Dear Victron and Victron users,

I'm using the Victron Connect App with a Victron Bluetooth dongle to log settings and history of different BMV-700 monitors, but with the new software version (5.8) I'm not able to open files that where saved with an older software version (5.7). Why is the software and the saved data not backwards compatible? how can I open 5.7 data into 5.8 software?

BMV Battery MonitorVictronConnectfirmware updatemonitoringsoftware
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

If you want to do logging the VenusGX is advised (or other Venus product). Then data is stored (on a sd card or cloud )

The backwards compatibility is with the range of various phone platforms/models en firmware versions very time consuming in development.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-van-der-meulen avatar image
paul-van-der-meulen answered ·

Dear Johannes,

Thank you for your reply. I'm aware of the VenusGX, but it's a to expensive device to ad in all the application where I use the Victron products for.

The Victron Connect software will do if it was backward compatible. I need to read the data and like to store it for support purposes.

Can we get in contact via mail please? Or perhaps meet I would like to discuss our application involving lots of Victron equipment.

Br,

Paul

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Victron BMV battery monitors product page