question

gunder avatar image
gunder asked

Easysolar 48/5000, faulty PV charger part (MPPT 150/100 rev 2)

Hi,

Thank you for any suggestion to repair strategy or remote diagnostics (fault finding) for my faulty PV charger. The charger unit (MPPT 150/100 rev 2) is no longer accessible from the colour panel and the charger unit "faded away and finally died" during a few days in August.

Have any of you here at this nice forum experienced the same type of fault?

The VRM app shows clearly the charger "energy decay".

I would appreciate any hints.

PS. the Easysolar 48/5000 has been in operation appr. 6 months. (No grid connected.)

MPPT Controllers
img-5263.png (355.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Gunder. This could be any number of things, but you do seem to have lost comms. Process of elimination - such is troubleshooting. For starters you could try...

1. Reboot the CCGX.

2. Update it's firmware (2.33 seems current).

3. Check your batt V. That seems missing too, but may be available from within the Multi section if the mppt is missing it. Failing that, a trusty $20 multimeter on the batt bank itself. (It's possible your system may still be working, but just not reporting correctly).

Give the GX a little time to 'sort itself' with VRM, - patience.. You may lose that missing data, especially if you don't have a microSD card inserted, so look for new data being generated in real time.

A start point, so please come back.

And oh, your Dasboard bars suggest you have substantial DC batt loads that aren't being measured. Is that right?.. clue searching.. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gunder avatar image
gunder answered ·

Hi,

Thanks for answering

The Easysolar 5000 unit with defect MPPT 150/100 was sent in to the vendor and came back in repaired condition in October. All well.

After two months of operations from October to November I disconnected the main battery breaker because of the Polar Night at 70 degrees latitude North and little daylight.

In the end of February the sun was back and I reconnected the main battery breaker and started up.

This time I could see that I had 106 Volts from the solar panels but no charging current. I Tried several things and looked up for the same issues on the Victron community. SW upgrades has been done for all units incl. the Color Control GX.

No I have returned the defect 150/100 MPPT within the whole Easysolar unit.

I hope the fault can be found.

Regards Gunder

img-6615.png (290.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Gunder

That's a lot of bad-luck, please let us know if everything get's fixed properly.

0 Likes 0 ·
jean-paul avatar image
jean-paul answered ·

bonjour, j'ai le même problème avec le 150/100 avez vous trouvé la solution ?

2 |3000