question

Robin avatar image
Robin asked

Blue smart charger won't update firmware

Hi. Blue smart charger won't update firmware. I have put the charger next to router and it still doesn't work. Any ideas

Blue Smart Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz answered ·

Next to router? Did you meant a Wifirouter? That doesn't work. Update have to be made using Victron Connect over BT with Smartphone/Tablet or with cabel to PC.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Robin Read this part of the manual first. If that does not solve it post an additional question

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:start#troubleshooting_firmware_updates

best regard
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Robin avatar image
Robin answered ·

What do you mean BT? I am using victron connect. Click on firmware update. On Android. Shorly it then updates through internet.

1 comment
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Robin, no; it doesn’t use internet. The VictronConnect app on your phone already has all the lastest firmware files. Hence no need for internet when doing an update.

Please check the document to which Martijn linked in a previous answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
Robin avatar image
Robin answered ·

Ok, firmware installed in victron connect is v 3.00. apparently I have to add latest version to android device manually.

I cannot fined list of firmware versions to download.

And now victron connect isn't even picking up charger in its menu?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic