question

jayeshleman avatar image
jayeshleman asked

65A Battery Protect on a Network with MPPT 100/30 controller

Is it possible to have the Battery protect and the MPPT controller on the same victron network?

When I installed the battery protect and setup the bluetooth, my Victron App no longer was able to detect the bluetooth of the Charger. Is there is specific order of setup for having both bluetooth devices visible on the Victron App?

MPPT ControllersBattery Protect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
jayeshleman avatar image
jayeshleman answered ยท

In order to solve the problem, I removed the Bluetooth Pairing of the Battery Protect. I then cycled down and restarted the phone. I then Re-discovered the battery Protect first and the Rediscovered the Controller. This worked for me.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ray-mont avatar image
ray-mont answered ยท

@jayeshleman strange i do not have this issue here with the below setup

It should show all your Devices that are in range

1 comment
2 |3000

jayeshleman avatar image jayeshleman commented ยท

Thank you Ray for confirming that it is possible to see all units in range. I will try cycling all units and re-discovery process.

0 Likes 0 ยท
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ยท

One thing to try is to close VictronConnect (by which I mean, actually force-quit, so that it isn't running in the background), turn off bluetooth on your phone, then turn bluetooth back on and restart VictronConnect.

I haven't personally seen this issue on my phone with multiple devices (typically have 6 to 10 devices show up in VictronConnect from our display unit setup as well as my test bench setup), but our customers do occasionally report issues and so far the above procedure has worked for them.

2 comments
2 |3000

Thanks Justin - I will try this solution and get back to you. Thanks for confirming that multiple units (including the BP and Solar Controller) should be viewable.

0 Likes 0 ยท

This worked. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ยท
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ยท

Are you sure you have a Smart Battery Protect?

You can also try to disconnect the power from the BP and reconnect it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Yes, smart battery protect. When I opened my Victron App, it FOUND the BP, and I added it and I was able to configure the BP settings.

However, afterwards, I no longer saw the Solar Controller that I had originally installed a few months back.

I then proceeded to remove the BP and re-discover the Solar Controller, but was never able to get the BP back.

I did try setting up a Victron Network but that too didnt seem to work.

I will try again today with a fresh head.

0 Likes 0 ยท