question

Mikael avatar image
Mikael asked

Behavior of system in cold weather

Hi

I am trying to understand how cold weather will affect the system.

Venus GX
SmartSolar 250/100
BMV-712 Smart
Smart BatteryProtect 48v-100A
2 Pylontech US2000

How will the system behave if cold for the battery to charge or discharge. I assume that the BMS will tell the Venus GX that in turn controls the SmartSolar to stop charging the battery.

So down to my question, will we still be able to run DC loads direct from the SmartSolar that is connected in parallel to the battery (when the sun shines of course) without this conflicting with the battery charge or discharge?

Or will all power from the SmartSolar be stopped?

MPPT ControllersBMV Battery MonitorPylontechVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi Mikael,

The pylontech will communicate it’s charge and discharge limits to the Venus, which in turn will communicate with the MPPT. With DVCC enabled and set up correctly, you will be able to still run other loads and the MPPT won’t shut down completely

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Jesus Mazo avatar image
Jesus Mazo answered ·

Hi, I am very interested on this thread.

Would you be able to clarify how exactly Pylontech behaves at low temperature and therefore what are the different C rate charge restrictions at different temperatures?

Below 0ºC, is the charge completely restricted or does it allow to charge at a very low current?

Thanks

2 |3000