question

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating asked

MultiPlus/Quattro grid connected system setup

Please I want to know what a specific setup should be for a very common system setup using a Multi or Quarto

(Spain) Grid Feed in is not allowed

This has solar panels and batteries providing the inverter with power, the inverter output is constantly powering a domestic home, if the mains demand exceeds the Inverter capacity then it uses what it can from the inverter topping the demanded power mains from the Grid.

Only when the battery voltage drops to a pre-set level which is close too low battery level then the inverter starts to charge the batteries until a higher pre-set level is achieved then it stops charging, whilst still providing un-interrupted inverter power.

At the moment I can only seem to achieve a situation where the batteries are being charged all the time!

I have been able to set the Multi remotely uploading the file, Is it possible to have a flow chart for setup or screen shots for the setup?

Is it necessary to have a GX or CCGX do be able to do this setup, as some installations have a GX and some do not only the Inverter/chargers?

Is it possible to fool the system to think that a generator is connected and start charging the batteries and supplying an uninterrupted supply of electricity?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

For what you are trying to achieve I think that you will be best running the system as an ESS (energy storage system), but to do this you need to have some form of a GX device.

You can learn more about the capability and logic in the ESS manual;

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

Thank you for the information,

I am using ESS to for this, but I would like to have the Inverter to help charge the batteries when the Battery voltage falls below a set voltage day or at night, then returns to using just the batteries when the voltage in the batteries is at a pre-set high enough level to run on there own.

Is this possible to do what I am trying to do?

I have tried to find this in the information, but I can not see to get it to work like that

Many thanks

2 |3000

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

Hello Mark

When I go to Settings, ESS in the GX it says that there is "No ESS Assistant Found" I assume that there should be more features that I don't have?

Thanks

2 |3000

h-m-heating avatar image
h-m-heating answered ·

I just realised why I could not see the assistants I had the VS switched on.

Thank you I will see what I can do now with the system.

2 |3000