question

Will Clarke avatar image
Will Clarke asked

DVCC charge current limit - Compensating for DC loads

I have an off-grid system with a 24v 90Ah battery bank, a 1600VA multi plus, 2 100/50 MPPTs, a BMV, a CCGX and a large DC load (up to 90A). I want to limit the charge current to 45A. In the CCGX manual the DVCC section states that the DVCC current limit doesn't account for DC loads. I was wondering if there is any work around for this. The system will also have a PLC with capabilities to communicate using Modbus TCP and I open to implementing a custom control algorithm on the PLC if needed.

Modbus TCPDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Will Clarke,

There is no supported way that I know of around this limitation.

To find if there is a way possible, or develop one using Modbus TCP etc, please use the Modifications space.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mi-roberth avatar image
mi-roberth answered ·

Hello @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) , is there a solution to this one? other than using Modbus-TCP.

2 |3000