question

iostrym avatar image
iostrym asked

how is the max/min value of the voltage battery possible (mppt 100/20 smartsolar)

I use my new 100/20 smartsolar and I don't understand maximum and minimum values indicated using bluetooth on my phone.

please note that there is nothing connected to the battery only the smartsolar to charge battery. nothing is connected to the load output.

for instance, right now battery voltage is 13.6V

and for today, history indicates :

max battery voltage : 14.41V

min battery voltage : 10.99V

how can the max battery voltage be acheaved ? as battery is currently only 13.6V ???

the same for the minimum battery voltage : 10.99V.... how this value can be achieved ? during the night when there is no sun and the smartsolar is using current of the battery ? it would be insane...

Does it mean that my Pb battery is completely dead ?

As far for the min value there could be an explanation but I don't have any explanation for the 14.41V

is there a way to see voltage battery during the day with more precision ? by hour ?

batteryvoltage
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi,

"how can the max battery voltage be acheaved ? as battery is currently only 13.6V ???"

The mppt has probably done a charge cycle (reached absorption voltage/time) for the day, and now the mppt is in float state (the voltage will settle down to float voltage setting).

Check the "history", touch 1 of the vertical bars for more info.

"the same for the minimum battery voltage : 10.99V.... how this value can be achieved ? during the night when there is no sun and the smartsolar is using current of the battery ? it would be insane...Does it mean that my Pb battery is completely dead ?"

The mppt does not use much power at night (25ma).

0 Likes 0 ·
adev avatar image adev commented ·

If your only power source is solar, during darkness if you have a significant load on the batteries the battery voltage could have dropped to 10.99v under load even if it wasn’t fully discharged. Even a momentary drop will show as the minimum for that day. See how things go the next day or two before jumping to any conclusions.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Already answered

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

iostrym avatar image
iostrym answered ·

Thank for your answer. Currently battery is 100% so I have max 14.6 and min 13v... Then it seems to be ok. Maybe during the night someone quickly made a short consumption.

Is there any log for voltage during the day ?

By the way is there also log for the month, the week , the year ?

And finally is there a way to see log offline when I'm not connected to the device ?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic