question

Harold Halewijn avatar image
Harold Halewijn asked

Intermitted errors 2, 11, 17, 24 and 26 ve.bus

Hi, I still receive different errors on my 3 phase Quattro system. Most of them have no effect but sometimes it causes the whole system to collapse resulting in failing my vessel propulsion system. Not nice on IJsselmeer under heavy windy conditions. :-(

Please note the screenshot I took from VRM portal.

Is there any way we can dive deeper into what is causing these problems? I’ve double checked cabling (even replaced some UTP cables), system settings, etc. One of the units has been replaced recently but these errors were there before. After the replaced unit, all units have been upgraded to recent firmware.

I have the idea that most (if not all) errors occur when the system is running on generator and is in absorption or in float state.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControlVE.Bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Anton de Swardt avatar image Anton de Swardt commented ·

Hi,

I had similar Errors on a 3-Phase system consisting of 3 x Quattro 8000/48.

After weeks of trouble shooting, I replaces all the communication cables between the Inverters and also from inverters to the Octo GX and my problem was solved.

0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Harold,

To really exclude the possibility, can you (temporarily) replace -all- ve.bus wiring, and inspect all sockets for bent pins?

I can't find an obvious reason yet looking at the data.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Harold Halewijn answered ·

Hi Daniël,

I’ve replaced wiring between the inverters but not the one leading to CGXX since that cable is running a hidden path. But I will replace that one too to check if that is causing the errors. What I also would like to know is if EMC could be causing the problems. EMC is part of the electric motor, specifically the frequency controller. Wat precautions could be taken to prevent this?

Regards,

Harold

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi Harold,

I'm not sure, the VE.Bus protocol is quite sturdy (rs 485), but you can never exclude it.

Can you replicate the error by doing certain things? (low load on motor, sudden increase / decrease, especially when ramping down the AC voltage might swing a bit.

When the VFD and the motor are installed according to the book, what EMC shielded cable and cable glands, not too much should escape.

Also: the control cable to the VFD: make sure that is shielded and grounded, adding ferrite beads might also help there.

I've experienced noise on the VHF with a non-shielded cable to the VFD ('pot-box').

0 Likes 0 ·
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

I’ve had similar issues before, error 24 to be exact. Apparently 3ph systems that has a CCGX from Hungary seems to have been affected.

New firmware on all the units, and also the latest firmware on the CCGX fixed it for me.

2 |3000

Harold Halewijn answered ·

Yesterday I replaced all cables. Further testing is in progress, I will let you now the results in a few days.

2 |3000