question

gw0soo avatar image
gw0soo asked

Why does VictronConnect not run on either of my computers? One's running win 8 the other one's on 10

VictronConnectsoftware
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wkirby avatar image wkirby โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

Which software is that?
What errors do you get?

0 Likes 0 ยท
gw0soo avatar image gw0soo wkirby โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

v5.8 no errors just will not load when clicking on the icon

0 Likes 0 ยท
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic โ™ฆ gw0soo commented ยท

Windoze does not allow Bluetooth networking.

If you want to use VE connect with your devices you will have to use a VE direct usb cable/mk3 usb cable.

0 Likes 0 ยท
4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ยท

This is weird.
I have just downloaded the version here: https://www.victronenergy.com/support-and-downloads/software

I have built a fresh Windows 10 VM and installed VictronConnect 5.8 on it. It works no problem.

It seems there is some sort of problem with your computers. How two different computers can exhibit the same problem is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps there is some sort of security that is blocking the application.
Otherwise, it's going to be a bit of a challenge to diagnose computer issues from here.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gw0soo avatar image
gw0soo answered ยท

Yes I know I have the cable but the software on my pcs will not open, I've downloaded it several times now.

2 |3000

rob8888 avatar image
rob8888 answered ยท

I can't get it to work on Windows 10, standard HP laptop. Tired multiple downloads, no luck

2 |3000

shade2u2 avatar image
shade2u2 answered ยท

I am having the same issue with an older Dell running Windows 10.

It appears to install (done it 4 times). When trying to run the program, the VictronConnect white screen opens, but then it just closes back out.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany โ™ฆโ™ฆ commented ยท

I've just had the same problem. So I deleted and reinstalled. Also running Win 10. Works fine now, but something had changed that stopped it working.

I had the same issue with other software, so I suspect it's Windows up to its usual tricks. Some things never change.

0 Likes 0 ยท

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows