question

andre avatar image
andre asked

Disabled Charging: Correct Network Operation on CCGX but Error 67 on Victron Connect

I wonder if anyone can help me solve this riddle - I think something is broken:

Set-up: 5 kW 48 V Multi (2624430); CCGX (v2.22) ; 2 x SmartSolar Chargers MPPT (v1.37); 4 x Pylontech US2000 batteries and ESS with grid-tie enabled.

The Multi and Pylontech batteries works seamlessly together.

The SmartSolar Chargers are connected to CCGX as reflected in the "Device" parameters and on initial connection shows the correct parameters in the "Network operation". The "State" is ESS and battery voltage and current is correctly displayed. The SmartSolar Chargers will briefly charge and then stop.

VictronDirect shows Error 67. The CCGX takes a long time (minutes to hours) after no solar output to notice "Network operation" has failed and only then display Error # 67.

Resetting to Smart Solar Charger to default and reconnecting to CCGX as suggested by VictronDirect does not resolve the problem. Neither reconfiguring the Multi.

The remote VEConfigure use to work but now fails during download: "Error Message: 'File open error' Error Code: mk2vsc-50" . I don't know what this means and have not been able to make it go away.

In desperation I tried to re-upload the firmware. VEFlash fails with a message that the system requires 262**** firmware but the file is 260****. This despite the file being 2624430 and being accepted on installation!

I suspect these problems are related to one component malfunctioning. Question is: Which one.

I would really appreciate any help.

MPPT ControllersESSCCGX Color Controlerror
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Do you have "BMS Controlled" ON or OFF? It should be OFF.

The problems with the MultiPlus are a bit strange. Can you connect to the MultiPlus using VE.Configure?

1544377306024.png (32.0 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey Warwick, actually that setting should be on. We’ll fix it (I half remember putting it on the list): it should be a reset button; rather than an on/off switch.

It not necessary to turn it on: it will be turned on automatically.

Only function of that setting is to turn it off; to be used when taking the solar charger and installing it in a system where the mppt is not being controlled by a bms.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Sorry for the misinformation. I should have remembered what batteries Andre said that he was using. Besides, it turned it's self back on anyway as expected.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

No problem Warwick! :thumbs up:

0 Likes 0 ·
andre avatar image
andre answered ·

It looks like the problem was the CCGX - I replaced the CCGX and Error Code mk2vsc-50 disappeared. Will have to wait for sunrise to see if SmartSolar Charger will now function!

Will keep you posted!

5 comments
2 |3000

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hey Andre; I’d like to login to the old ccgx (using remote support) to see what’s wrong. Is that at all possible?

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Hm that was not so clear of me; sorry :-). What I meant was: do you still have the old one; can you hook it up to internet; enable remote support and copy & paste the VRM url here?

0 Likes 0 ·
andre avatar image andre mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

System working like a dream now! Awesome. Also successfully joined SMA Sunnyboy. I will do for you as soon as I have time and post here. Truly brilliant systems you build.

0 Likes 0 ·
andre avatar image andre andre commented ·

Howzit Matthijs,

The Smartsolar chargers only charge the batteries when they are discharged they are not servicing the AC load and not feeding into the grid. It seems the second CCGX is also malfunctioning. Posted status as new question.

I have opened remote support channel on the CCGX connected to the system. Here is the url: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/29520/dashboard

Here is the url for the malfunction CCGX: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/1738/dashboard

Thank you for your valued assistance.

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ andre commented ·

Hi; I’ll look into it next week.

0 Likes 0 ·