question

Kirtap avatar image

Victron Orion Smart?

Hi,

In the demo section of the Victron connect app I have found an Orion Smart. This is exactly what I have been looking for. And keep my fingers crossed its not to expensive.

Anyone that know anything about a launch or price?

orion converter
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

7 Answers
Stefan Lay avatar image

Just today I got a message about these products

See here

https://www.victronenergy.com/blog/2019/10/10/new-product-orion-tr-smart-dc-dc-charger/

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kai avatar image

I don't think you're going to get an answer here - please see

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/5889/new-victron-community-guidelines.html

There's a section in there specifically around new products.

It does look interesting though!

2 comments Share

Pricelist is from the past Q3, expecting soon now the 2019 Q4 pricelist to come.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image

Looking at other smart/non-smart products I would say a smart orion will cost 20-30€ more than a non-smart.

1 comment Share

Thats my thought as well. Have been eyeballing victron buck boost for a while, but its way to expensive when I need just 15A of charging.

timmermc avatar image

Have been visiting my Victron dealer today. The Buck-Boost is a fantastic piece of equipment but to complicated for my use. I don't need this technical wonder for my simple configuration. The new Orion Smart 30A would be the perfect solution in my case.

Until today nothing is known about a delivery date for the new Orion Smart.

Tom avatar image

Victron just posted a new video today about alternator charging and it mentions the new Orion Smart. So I would guess an announcement is too far off.

2 comments Share

My guess: it will be presented at the METSTRADE (marine industry professional show) Nov 19th in Amsterdam NL

Gregory Cavanagh avatar image

I see its on their website now under DC-DC chargers

Justin Cook - Bay Marine Supply USA avatar image

@Kirtap, depends on your location; Europe will likely see them the end of this year, while here in the US it'll be sometime in January... we're a distributor on the West coast and we're usually first in line for US shipments; we're (fingers crossed) hoping to have them on our shelves by the mid to end of January.