question

Allan Yates avatar image
Allan Yates asked

Customising CCGX main page?

Has anybody every customised the main page of their CCGX? From reading a few articles, it appears that it is possible (though people seem to customise the Venus GX). Any particular articles that walk through the steps/tips? I have a (Linux) software background, so it should be doable for me.

Specifically, most of the screen real estate is being wasted, as this ship does not have an inverter, and thus the top two thirds of the screen are always blank. Ideally I would like to:

• Expand the DC Power block to include a current figure.
  • Add a block for the engine alternator, and show current flow from it.
  • Display the AC current being fed from a generator.
  • Display the AC current from shore power.

Is there any mechanism to display current/voltage data from external sources on the CCGX?

Thanks,

Allan.

CCGX Color ControlSOCmodifications
cc1.jpg (150.8 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yuwire avatar image yuwire commented ·

@Allan Yates Did you make and progress on this? It does appear from the links provided by @Garnet that the interface is highly customizable. Interested to see what you might have done with it.

0 Likes 0 ·
Allan Yates avatar image Allan Yates yuwire commented ·

@Yuwire I noted that is was quite possible to do what I had hoped, at least from the perspective of reformatting the screen. I tried a couple of simple changes, and was able to update the device. However, I got distracted working with the VRM API (http://yates.ca/brigantine/) before I got any further. I hadn't got to the point of figuring out whether it would be possible to populate the screen with data from outside the CCGX or not.

Allan.

0 Likes 0 ·
6 Answers
garnet avatar image
garnet answered ·

I think that this may get you started.

https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/12246/getting-started-with-the-new-venus-html5-interface.html

It’s more geared for the dashboard instead of the overview screen, but you will find the overview code in there as well.

Maybe this one is better suited to get you started;

https://community.victronenergy.com/articles/5930/disable-hotkeys-in-venus-remote-console-on-lan.html

I am about to customize my screens as well.

Good luck with yours!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

zabbaskeema avatar image
zabbaskeema answered ·

Sooo following that!

In my case I have two banks with each a BMV712, one 12v and one 48v - the 48v hooked to the Multiplus has the info but the 12v is only showing like yours as "DC power" and only Power figure. Somehow it should be easy to have a box with the 12v Bmv, no ? Ah well.

2 |3000

gnu-linux avatar image
gnu-linux answered ·

Skinable and more to configure would be very nice, e. G. more Data as AH

2 |3000

yakataka avatar image
yakataka answered ·

Hello Allan,

Did you find a way to set your main ccgx page the way you wanted to ?

Thanks your answer.

Eric

2 |3000

petajoule avatar image
petajoule answered ·

What certainly is possible is to provide a custom bootup logo (which we've done so it shows our company logo instead that of Victron ;-) ), but that needs to be changed every time the firmware gets updated.

/opt/victronenergy/gui/splash.png

480 x 272 PNG if I recall correctly

If your problem is mostly with design (and wasted screen real estate) - you are aware there is an alternate display design that does at least not appear to waste (as much) space?

I do agree however, that dashboards in the 21st century look more ... schwifty.

1571070321037.png (108.8 KiB)
2 |3000

dennis-brok avatar image
dennis-brok answered ·

did anyone get this to work ??

2 |3000

Related Resources

CCGX Product Manual

CCGX Product page

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic