question

Chris avatar image
Chris asked

Blue Power Panel 2 - Quattro shutdown on connection

Hi

We had this issue some time ago and never resolved it. A problem on site yesterday has prompted me to revisit this.

We have a 3 phase system with 3x 5kw Quattros. 48v system. Lead Acid approx 5 / 6 yrs old.

Backup power for essential services.

Blue power panel was connected to the last Quattro in the chain - and also into a Battery monitor for generator control.

All was fine on original install, but at some point, connecting the BPP to the VEbus chain caused the Quattros to shut off. When not connected they would work as normal.

The BPP was replaced, but the replacement also caused the same issue.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Chris

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Have you tried the following:

• Connect the BPP2 panel while making sure you connect the last (or first) Quattro to the VE.bus Connector on the BPP2.
  • Does the VE.Bus system show up in the device list of the BPP2? If so navigate there and turn the system on via the BPP2 menu?
  • Are you using a VE.Net battery monitor? Is this battery monitor plugged into a VE.Can connector on the BPP2?
  • Has there been a firmware update of the Quattro system recently? Newer firmware might be incompatible with the BBP2.

If all fails consider using a CCGX panel instead.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chris avatar image
Chris answered ·

didnt realise had had a reply - Appoligies

. was connected at the end of the daisy chain yes

. didnt try that - on site tomorrow - will have a look.

. battery monitor connected on VEnet

. Yes intending to fit CCGX tomorrow - better genny management etc,. etc.... Wondering if to try and keep the battery monitor in the system though..??

2 |3000

sieade245 avatar image
sieade245 answered ·

I've seen something similar but not the same as your problem on old Quattros with very old firmware v1xxx. These were standalone units though 1 phase with a generator as the only AC supply. When we plugged in any ethernet cable to the the VEbus ports, the Quattro would shut off for around 5-20 seconds. It was a few years back so I can't remember 100% what would happen next. One of two things. Either they came back on by themselves after the 5-20 second delay...or they wouldn't come back on at all until we removed the ethernet lead. We were only plugging in to change/ check voltage settings using MK2 programmers so it didn't really matter but it was annoying because our stations are totally off grid and plugging in would kill AC to the station while we were doing the programming. On some stations this would also shut down the generator which is 6 floors of stairs down (lighthouses) I wish I could remember if they came back on by themselves or not. Sorry it was ages ago...A firmware update to latest 1.xxx completely fixed this issue and we updated all of them so can't go and test I'm afraid.

2 |3000

Job Seychelles avatar image
Job Seychelles answered ·

Hi guys did anyone find solution for this I have a similar problem on a boat where the quattro shut down when connect to VEbus and will restart if you disconnect.

2 |3000