question

Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz asked

Isolation Transformer 115<=>230 ?

Hi
normaly i was asked, but now i have to ask because i definitly don't know, and i never had one in my hand, and i also can't read out of the manual.

Is the Isolation Transformer only isolating between same Voltage or do the transformer can also do an Transformation between 115 => 230 and 230 =>115. In manual is just written about auto switching and output and input 115 "or" 230, but it doesn't explain if the "or" in Datasheet is depending or independing to supply Voltage.

Best regards

peter

Isolation Tranformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

I am a professional operating manual reader ;o)

These transformers can be used as: 115V to 115V isolation transformer 230V to 230V isolation transformer 115V to 230V isolation transformer 230V to 115V isolation transformer

It is the last sentence in the manual.

Grüsse.

Markus

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz answered ·

hui..ups ..new situation that you tell me something gg... Is that entry new?? We( 2 guys) read independ the manual up and down and haven`t seen that yesterday... very curious.. May be just tomatos on eyes ;)

2 |3000

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Don't worry. There is very much more to learn, to catch up with you. You old hare... ;o)

2 |3000

Peter Polz avatar image
Peter Polz answered ·

Now i saw the irritiation problem, we read the German translation, and that one ist wrong in manual in compare to the english

in english is correctly written 115 "to" 230.. thats a clear meaning
in german there is has been written 115 "bis" 230 ...and "bis" in that situation, doesn't clears the situation and is confusing, correct it has to be called 115 "zu" 230

1 comment
2 |3000

Thanks for reporting, I will try to have it corrected.

0 Likes 0 ·
piemuth avatar image
piemuth answered ·

Hi,

So did you use it meanwhile with 115v to 230v?

The manuel says YES, but I was told it is not working...

I am very interested, because we need to use both voltage on our journey (truck ) to feed our 230v Multiplus without changing anything.

Best wishes

Piet

2 |3000

ftlsailor avatar image
ftlsailor answered ·

I understand that the isolation transformer can convert the voltages, but does it also alter the frequency? For example 230V (50Hz) to 120V (60Hz)? This one is important because the frequency will affect my devices that require 60Hz if they are getting 50Hz.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic