question

roks avatar image
roks asked

#116 Lost Calibration Data on my BlueSolar MPPT 75/50

Hi,

My BlueSolar MPPT 75/50 (v1.12) has been working for many years, I recently connect to my laptop and VictronConnect, it detected a new firmware v1.39 and I have to upgrade to continue using VictronConnect.

I upgraded the firmware but now charging staoped and there is a error on Victron software "#116 Lost Calibration Data" its not working anymore. Bulk and Absorption LED flashing blue simultaniously.

I down loaded v1.43, upgraded but still same issue.

Can anyone help revert back to the original firmware v1.12 please, my device is 6 years old so cant send back to dealer.

Any help will be appreciatded.

firmware update
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

roks avatar image roks commented ·

OK, so I got the Victron toolkit, the flashing light means my device has a internal fault and I need replacement. Really?

Is there no way I can get back to firmware v1.12?

How can a firmware update create an internal fault?

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @roks

I'll contact you through email about this.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Appreciate your help, thank you.

0 Likes 0 ·
ronnyschonfelder avatar image ronnyschonfelder commented ·

Hi support team,

I have the same issue. I have an MPPT 100/50 and after updating firmware to 1.39 the charger does not work anymore. Is not charging. The Serial number is HQ160417P1D. In my case only the bulk-led flashes blue. And if there is no PV-energy the charger is off - there is no LED flashing and also no conection by bluetooth.

Only with PV I can access to MPPT by Bluetooth.

What can I do? Or what maybe the problem?

Thank you very much

Ronny

0 Likes 0 ·
ronnyschonfelder avatar image
ronnyschonfelder answered ·

Hi support team,

I have the same issue. I have an MPPT 100/50 and after updating firmware to 1.39 the charger does not work anymore. Is not charging. The Serial number is HQ160417P1D. In my case only the bulk-led flashes blue. And if there is no PV-energy the charger is off - there is no LED flashing and also no conection by bluetooth.

Only with PV I can access to MPPT by Bluetooth.

What can I do? Or what maybe the problem?

Thank you very much

Ronny

9 comments
2 |3000

when the bluetooth is on, can you connect to the mppt, can you see what the status is?

0 Likes 0 ·

I beleive the controller is only powered by PV and not by battery like other models.

When the bluetooth is on, can you read the status?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @RonnySchonfelder

The older models are indeed only powered from PV power, so you need sunlight or a power supply to program / read them.

if you can read the error, please report back here :)

0 Likes 0 ·
ronnyschonfelder avatar image ronnyschonfelder Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you. Ok thats right. I got the solar panel and a 12V Battery. The charger switches on and the bluetooth dongle works well. But no current and no power. I also put an external current clamp and there is no current charging the battery. Here some fotos. This is just for testing the charger. What else I can do?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ronnyschonfelder commented ·

Ok, no errors reported in Victron Connect?

0 Likes 0 ·
ronnyschonfelder avatar image ronnyschonfelder Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Hello Daniel,

no finally there are no errors. Just not charging.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hello Daniel,

finally there are no errors in Victron Connect. Just not charging.

What else I can do?

thank you very much

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ ronnyschonfelder commented ·

Hi @RonnySchonfelder

Sorry for missing your message!

Did you get things working? if the unit is still malfunctioning without a specific error, please contact your dealer for further assistance (RMA)

0 Likes 0 ·

No, not working. I contacted dealer and they want to send it for review. So this is what I will do for the moment.

1 Like 1 ·
vasja avatar image
vasja answered ·

Hi,

I have similar problem - 2x new MPPT 75/15. New installation ou of the box.

At first connect with iOS via bluetooth firmware update was foreced.

The system stopped charging afterwards.

In history screen one can see that the first day after installation it was charging, I only connected first the day after - then it stopped. It also shows hihger voltage of the battery than another instrument (console of the boat where it’s installed - that shows 12.2V and dropping as there is consumption) it’s also always the same 13.64 on both controlers.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @Vasja

This is 95% of the times a disconnected battery, please check your fuses / wiring, and measure the voltage directly on the MPPT battery output.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic