question

nicoreeves25 avatar image
nicoreeves25 asked

No grid meter installed feeding excess power back to the grid.

If the grid fails would the inverter still feed excess power back into the grid with no grid meter installed? Ess setup with feed excess power back on.

Victron quattro 10000

Color control

Mppt 250/100

Energy Metergrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kristof G. avatar image
Kristof G. answered ·

Hoi,

I hope for you it does not feedin if grid fails...(normaly not) and that you installed an anti island like this one https://www.google.com/search?q=victron+anti+islanding+device&safe=off&client=ms-android-samsung-gs-rev1&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjir4Tu6bTjAhVN2KQKHXvzDPAQ_AUoAnoECAwQAg&cshid=1563121648823&biw=360&bih=612&dpr=3#imgrc=TlccLwaSxDyR1M

Before everything.

Because IF he still feeds into the grid, i would NOT like to be the technician working at that cable, that moment...you are pomping current into the cable when he expects thats there is no current on that cable.

And i think if they see it..they will search for it and than you have a BIG problem.

Grtz kristof

P.s. for what i know , if grid fails, the quattro will stop feeding into the grid even without an et112 ( i have a quattro too ;) ) , but i have an anti island system in front of it.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:grid-codes-and-loss-of-mains-detection

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nicoreeves25 avatar image nicoreeves25 commented ·

Thank you Grtz Kristof

I would also not like to be an electrician working on the grid when someone is feeding back power. I would rather be safe and install a et112 Energy meter.

I did read about LOM some time back and could not find it again.

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Kristof G. avatar image Kristof G. nicoreeves25 commented ·

Its more something like this i mean.

0 Likes 0 ·
iromeo avatar image
iromeo answered ·

@nicoreeves25@gmail.com, easy way to do this (0 feed in) is to connect your GRID to AC IN1 on your quattro.

I use this setup with my generator, as I don't have grid power. Also there is a setting in the inverter's software. But connecting to AC IN 1 is simple and efficient.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Energy Meter Selection Guide