question

blentz avatar image
blentz asked

BMV 712 - adding a 2nd battery to single battery system

i have a BMV 712 that has been monitoring a 12v 200amp hour battery for the last year - working great. Yesterday i installed a 2nd battery to the system (2 12v in parallel for 400ah). I noticed after firing up the system that over night, the state of charge said 100%. I changed the number of amp hours in the setup for the BMV. Do i have to do anything else?

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
chedrick avatar image
chedrick answered ·

You are correct. The BMV only needs the capacity changed to 400. When wiring them up it is better to move either the positive or negative to the other battery so they share the load and charging. It doesn’t matter which wire so whatever is easiest for you.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chriso avatar image
chriso answered ·

Hi @Chedrick I have a similar setup to Blentz as above and have a question here if that's ok.

I have wired 2 x 105ah AGM's as per your diagram above so would I just tell the Victron unit at the initial setup that it's a 210ah battery?

And if I wire it as per the diagram I attached would I be ok to ground the shunt at the negative terminal of battery 2?

Thanks.

forrum-pic.jpg (50.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic