question

gfleming avatar image
gfleming asked

I cannot set my location in the VRM portal map

The location of my device defaults to 0S 0E and I cannot set it using the map control in the portal. It has an error 'This page can't load Google Maps correctly'. So all the times are in the wrong time zone.

bug report
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Have you tried with different web browsers and platforms?

Can you confirm that you are the Full Access User for the site in VRM?

0 Likes 0 ·
gfleming avatar image gfleming Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·

yes I'm a full access user and it does not work on Firefox or Chrome on Mac OSX

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi. I can't explain why Google Maps won't work for you (fine for me), but you should be able to set your local time manually via Remote Console. Settings > Date & Time > etc. That will actually override Maps if you get it back, so remain aware if you need to change in the future.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

gfleming avatar image gfleming commented ·

thanks, I've done this and it works, thanks, though it doesn't solve the bug in the portal.

0 Likes 0 ·
teejmiller avatar image
teejmiller answered ·

I also have the same problem in the VRM Portal. When trying to choose a location, Google Maps throws gives a very vague API error with no further information. I am not using any adblocker, it does this on both my mobile device and laptop. I am in the US if that helps.

Here is the error:

This page can't load Google Maps correctly.

Do you own this website?
2 |3000

clive avatar image
clive answered ·

I have the same problems as above in Australia. But time is set correctly anyway on CGX - only VRM location attempts give the error messages above

2 |3000

johanneshovda avatar image
johanneshovda answered ·

I have the same problem.

I have tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome -latest versions - on my Macbook running Mojave 10.14.5, but the same error shows up in all browsers regardless.

2 |3000

Teun Lassche avatar image
Teun Lassche answered ·

@gfleming @johannes.hovda @teejmiller Thanks for the last screenshot, that helped me track down the issue. Couldn't reproduce the map not loading, but it is actually the search bar that had an issues. A fix has just been deployed. Thanks for reporting!

1 comment
2 |3000

gfleming avatar image gfleming commented ·

Thanks, all working as expected now.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic