question

ceriw avatar image
ceriw asked

Quattro 48/8000 maintain maximum charge output voltage

I have a REC BMS connected to my quattros. My batteries are 16S li-ion. I was aware that the quattros had a maximum voltage of 66V - which is close enough to my battery 90% charge of 66.9V (my set limit).

However, the voltage only sits around 64V - less than 65% capacity.

The BMS is reporting a Charge Current Limit of 92.9A and max charge voltage of 66.9V to the Venus when the charge current drops to 0A at 64V.

How do I get that extra 2V of charge?

BMS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ceriw avatar image ceriw commented ·

In ve-configure 3, the maximum it will let me set absorption and float voltage to is 64v. How do I increase this to the hardware limit of 66v?

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Ceri.w

Unfortunately the Multi's / Quattro's don't charge higher than 64 volts. (32 volt for 24 volt version)

The input limit is 66 volts

So it's best to make a 14s or 15s battery, or use the 16s to 4v per cell and enjoy a long battery life due to the lower charge voltage.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ceriw avatar image ceriw commented ·

Thanks for the clarification - I don't think it is that clear from the product datasheets.

0 Likes 0 ·
davidrenaud avatar image
davidrenaud answered ·

Hello,

I just discover this 64V limit while the datasheet of the multiplus still state 66V DC. Can you update documentation?

Thanks!

2 |3000