question

simonmtl avatar image
simonmtl asked

SmartSolar MPPT history question

when looking at my history in my SmartSolar MPPT 100/20:

I see that 4 days ago, under "Consump.", it states 20Wh, what does that mean?

that day was the first day of my installation and i had no load connected to it, so it can't be my power usage for that day, furthermore the days i had my refrigerator, inverter and some light connected to my system correspond to "yesterday" and "2 days ago" and there is no value for "Consump." on those day.

so my question is: what is the line "Consump." used for?

MPPT ControllersHelp
img-3798.png (388.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

It will only measure & report on the loads if they are connected to the load terminals on the MPPT - but loads that draw a higher current cannot be connected to the MPPT & are rather connected directly to the battery.

So my assumption is that your current setup has all loads directly connected to the battery.

I would also assume that the 20Wh reported on the 1st day (which is not much) is just due to measurement error (since the MPPT is not a measurement device) & possibly associated with the initial connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MPPT Product Page

MPPT Error codes

MPPT 150/60 up to 250/70 Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic