question

woozy2k avatar image
woozy2k asked

Victron 80w mono panel on a NOA solar mount. Mounting hole question.

I have a NOA solar mount for my boat. The NOA mount is a bit restrictive on panel options but it was advertised as supporting maximum 80W which i have bought for it. But the mounting holes are a bit wider apart than the NOA bracket is. Wold it be ok to drill the holes to fit on the panel frame? Im unable to change the NOA mount as its now installed on my boat and its the only way i can get a panel on my boat before i launch soon. thank you

Solar Panel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
woozy2k avatar image
woozy2k answered ·

any advice please?

thanks

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Ho Woozy. By the pics it seems you want to drill the panel frames. I doubt Victron would officially recommend, but it should be fine. Just take care to not let your drill bit get anywhere near the backing sheet of the cells, so back it with a solid piece of wood or something while drilling.

1 comment
2 |3000

Not recommended, it could void the warranty.

0 Likes 0 ·
woozy2k avatar image
woozy2k answered ·

i have now ordered a wider pole from NOA so i dont have to drill into the panel frame. do you think the NOA is enough to support the panel as the panel is wide

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic