question

chasen avatar image
chasen asked

BlueSolar MPPT 150/60 stopped charging

Hello there from Colombia,

Friday before noon my BlueSolar MPPT 150/60 suddenly stopped charging with battery below 90% and plenty of sun, after more than one year of working perfectly every day...

Connected with VictronConnect updated to the newest firmware (1.37) and still nothing.

Shows the correct voltage (~120V) incoming from the 2x2 PV modules but 0A, battery voltage being 24,36V. I already checked Voc and Isc of every module, no problem there.Any help very appreciated as I dont wont to put to work the diesel gen everyday...

I already posted my problem as a reply to this problem, which seemed similar:
https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/1550/150100-mppt-failure.html

As still I got no reply, I considered it better to post it again as a new question...

Best regards,

Christian

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

markus avatar image
markus answered ·

As you have a Blue Solar Charge Controller it should not be affected by the Firmware problem, as only the Smart version is affected. Maybe the charger is just broken :o( sorry.

1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Opps, I failed to notice this. Well spotted, thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
chasen avatar image
chasen answered ·

Hello WKirby, thank you for the link, my dealer already told me yesterday about this, seems like could be the problem... Unfortunately I didnt get the message earlier...

2 |3000

chasen avatar image
chasen answered ·

Apart from the no charging problem, the MPPT now seems to switch off automatically in the night hours (6pm-6am), which wasnt the case before. I also switched it off by disconnecting the positive connection from the modules a few times while I was measuring each module...

mppt-state.png (52.4 KiB)
2 |3000

chasen avatar image
chasen answered ·

Thank you Markus, missed this part of the text, sure, it says "BlueSolar Charger range is not affected".
Anyway, I will have to buy a 100/30 which will later serve as a backup to connect at least 2 of my modules as long as the problem is being fixed...

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic