question

Del avatar image
Del asked

Unable to download the firmware for CCGX to a USB dongle using a windows 10 laptop from the "Update a GX device" page

I have purchased a Asus N14 network card so I can USB connect to the back of the CCGX so I can then get the latest updates via the internet. I am currently running firmware 2.1 on the CCGX and need at least 2.23 as it has the new drivers to run the Asus N14. When I go into "How to update a GX device" and click on the download swu file, I just get all the text and windows explorer freezes. I have also tried this using the Beta files and the same thing happens. I have loaded Java to see if this made a difference, but to no avail. I just want to download the file to a USB FAT dongle and then insert it into the back of the CCGX and update the firmware.. I'm sure this must have been asked before, but I can't find it on here. Are there any special Windows drivers? Any help would be apricated, Thanks! Del
CCGX Color Control
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Del avatar image
Del answered ·
Hi to anyone with this problem, but my solution was to open up the Victron site in Google Chrome and not in Windows Explorer and the link worked perfectly. Make sure the file is in a notes file, and then transfer it to a dongle.. Del
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @Del, thanks for this: we solved it. Works properly in Internet Explorer as well now.

2 |3000