question

jb54 avatar image
jb54 asked

Multiplus 120/3000 error code 24

I’ve got an error code 24- system transfert protection activated-(led bulk and float permanently on) that I’m unable to clear by the normal procedure (shut down of equipment and restart) . I have in parallel to this a mppt 100/30 that seems properly working. The mppt says batteries on float voltage 13,6 V . When I try to set a current limit >0 then both leds light on and voltage slowly rise up to 14,5V causing the mppt to no charge current.

I don’t actually see the relation between the relay I understand being a load back protection and the charging part of the Multiplus that rises the voltage up when my bmv 700 show the batteries are 100% loaded and are on float.

I have made no change in my installation. Is there a better method to come back to a normal state ? I let the panel on but with a current limit set to 0 since I have no idea if this error could have an adverse effect on batteries if I set the current limit above 0 : someone can advise? Thanks.

Joel

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Jb54,

Did you read the information about error 24 on this page?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes?s[]=vebus&s[]=errors#error_24_-_switch-over_system_protection_initiated

First do this and see if this helps to solve your problem.
Is it a single MultiPlus installation? or do you have more units in parallel?

About the MPPT if the batteries are really full then there is very little current needed to lift to battery voltage.

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jb54 avatar image
jb54 answered ·

Hi Martijn,

I have read tbe document related to code 24 at the time I had the trouble: none of the root cause described was present at the time the default came up. The fact is that after a couple of hours the alarm 24 disappeared by itself without any action from me. That was a relief for me. My installation is a Multiplus, a Mptt with 360 W of solar panel and 450 Ah in a camper

2 |3000

storm avatar image
storm answered ·

I am also getting the error 24 when turning on charger only while my portable generator is connected. I cannot read the document referenced by Martijn , my computer just sees a blank web address. Any help is appreciated.

2 |3000