question

filip avatar image
filip asked

Quattro 48/10000, Bluesolar 150/85, Two signal Lithium BMS charge from MPPT wont turn off.

Hi!

I'm running a system with two blue solar 150/85 MPPT:s, a color control GX and a 48/10000 Quattro, generator as well as a batterysystem.

The batterysystem is a lithium batterysystem and we're using the two signal assistant connected to the inverter. Now the inverter handles it like clockwork. Stops charging and starts charging like a charm dependent on the signals to the inverter.

The problem is the MPPT:s. They wont stop charging if the BMS gives a warning, even if the inverter is set as battery monitor in the color control.

Is there any way to get the MPPT to communicate and adhere to the signal from the BMS? Can we get it to work with the communications or any type of assistants? They are connected through CAN to the colorscreen, and the quattro through Ve.Bus.

Any help appriciated.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerLithium BatteryBMSCCGX Color Control
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stepir avatar image stepir commented ·

use the allow-charge to control the remote on-off on the MPPT. When allow charge di disabled the solar controller will be switched off.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Zakhar avatar image
Zakhar answered ·

Hi Filip.
Why do you use Two-Signal BMS support Assistant and don't use VE.Can port on ColorControl GX? What type of lithium batteries do you have?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

filip avatar image filip commented ·

The BMS can only work with that setup if the BMS is built for working with Victron. The BMS I have is a third party unit that is not built to communicate with Victron, but it can do the two-signal assistant without any problem.

I'm running a 48V system of Lifepo cells with 600ah.

The backup is to run a relay between the MPPT:s and the batteries, and have it switch of when the signal from the BMS is saying that the charge of one cell is to high. But that becomes a rather brute force system that would kill the powersupply to the MPPTs, and leave them in the blind about what is happening.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This is working well for me, but I am using ESS assistant.

I think you are using "Two Signal BMS support" assistant on its own, am I right?
If so, then as far a I know, it will not be controlling other sources like MPPT, but only controlling the Quattro - like you are experiencing.

Can you use ESS assistant, do you have a grid connection?
Within the ESS assistant you can choose the type of BMS and choose two signal BMS.

2 |3000

filip avatar image
filip answered ·

Thanks @WKirby !
I am using the assistant on its own. I was thinking about the ESS.

Don't have a off grid connection, and when choosing ESS one needs to provide the grid code standard, and then a grid password to turn off LOM. I'm thinking to use any type of gridcode that works and then using LOM type B. What do you think of that? Any gridcode that would work well? I mean, it's just a fasade since 1, I'm in kenya and the gridcode here is not supported, and 2, It's not even connected to the grid, so the only purpose of having it is to get past that warning in the ESS. Any other thoughts?

2 |3000