question

jonny-b avatar image
jonny-b asked

Victron Current Sensor

I'd like to see the output from my 10 kW AC-coupled PV array in the VRM Portal. I bought a 100A CT, only to find that it can't be 'plugged straight in' to my Multiplus II or Cerbo GX. With hindsight, I should have bought an ET340 instead of the ET112. Victron's current sensor should be a good straightforward option, but the spec. is baffling: 7kW, 40A maximum, 175Vac! I don't know about every user, but my PV inverters produce about 240Vac.

Will the Victron current sensor be able to measure my 10kW output? If not, Victron need to produce a Mk II version with a much higher capacity - it'd cost no more to produce, and I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd benefit.

victron productscurrent limit
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

matt1309 avatar image matt1309 commented ·

I thought the Current sensor was 240vac? Seems odd to only go up to 175VAC? Anyway only 40amp so not enough for you I suppose.

AC Current sensor [Victron Energy]

When I was setting my system up I was originally looking at the AC current sensor but when I was looking for info on it I kept getting older forum posts/diagrams so assumed it was older and newer energy meters were preferred instead. Just the impression I got not sure if that is the case.

(I resorted to ET112 at the time)

0 Likes 0 ·
jonny-b avatar image jonny-b matt1309 commented ·
Hi Matt. 40 amps at 230Vac is 9.2kW, or 9.6kW at 240Vac, so it'd be perfect. I asked a Victron dealer, who simply told me what the website says - 175Vac & 40A (they were clueless). I then emailed Victron Sales in Holland, who still haven't replied after a week. I may have to resort to the ET112 (+ special cable), but the current sensor costs half of that and would dot he same job. I'm not in a rush, and for all I know Victron may reply one day...
0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Jason - UK avatar image
Jason - UK answered ·

@Jonny B Im currently using the Victron 40A CT sensor on my 5.7kW PV array at 245v without issue. Maybe 175Vac is the minimum voltage?
1686035539535.png

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/171934/share/db6807bb

If the 10kW is the exact peak output of your system, I personally would still have the 40amp CT sensor over a ET112 meter.

1686035539535.png (12.7 MiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jonny-b avatar image jonny-b commented ·
Thanks for your replies all. I'll seek clarification fron Victron.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic