question

Andre Kauerauf avatar image
Andre Kauerauf asked

Why is my ESS System exporting to the grid at night from the battery?

Hi there,

I have a site that is daily discharging the battery at night while exporting to the grid. How can I prevent this? There is no grid meter installed. Running ESS assistant with 10kWh Pylon Batteries. Many thanks :) Andre

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Its a bit hard if you dont fully explain how the system is setup, so I am presuming that you have feed in excess solar turned on and you have a low Min soc

so try increasing the min soc and the battery would only then be discharged to that SOC level nominated,

1560245348819.png (45.5 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andre Kauerauf avatar image Andre Kauerauf commented ·

Thank you Paul B. Here is the config I had. I have increased the Min SOC to 80% to test this evening. Surely with the battery BMS controlling the SOC, the Venus-GX wont mistake the battery for excess solar power and start feeding-in during the night?

0 Likes 0 ·
Andre Kauerauf avatar image Andre Kauerauf commented ·

Sorry also to add, the site does need to feed-in excess solar power during the day so that has to stay on.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Andre Kauerauf commented ·

with those settings the battery will drain down too the min SOC setting

you don't mention how the solar is connected

please explain the FULL site setup and how everything is connected and wiring diagram of how its connected would be helpful

0 Likes 0 ·
tommas avatar image
tommas answered ·

Hi @Andre Kauerauf, I’ve experienced a sort of the same problem but can you provide a little more information about the settings? In my case the float voltage was to low so after ESS reaches that voltage it started to drain the battery and export it to the grid, maybe you have the same problem. You can take a look at my post and the answer by which I solved it.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/11433/ess-drains-battery-after-100-and-1hr-absorption-is.html

2 |3000