question

myansweris42 avatar image
myansweris42 asked

Load Output on 75/15 turns on and stays on regardless of User def. Algorithm 1 settings

I have an entryway sign light (0.5A waterproof led strip) controlled with the "Streetlight" function consuming between 5Ah to 6.7Ah (60Wh to 80Wh) per night, and then have Load Output - User def Algorithm 1 set to the above settings in the image. The jumper has been removed from the VE Direct port, and Victron Connect has been used to adjust all settings.

The Load Output disconnect rules appear to never override the Streetlight function as the manual states they should.

The light turns on at sunset via the Streetlight function and turns off at sunrise fine. However, if get 2 or 3 cloudy days in a row (which isn't enough for my 45Ah repurposed AGM battery to supply a full night, without going below desired voltage threshold (after second night it is 11.4V,after third night it is 10.5V) it keeps turning on the light via the Streetlight function, even if the battery is below the "on" threshhold of 12.2V and leaves the load connected when it is below the "off" threshhold of 11.5V.

I hate to just assume that Load Output circuitry is damaged, as nothing has happened to the controller that would cause this. Anyone experienced this Load Output behavior on such a small load

Streetlight
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @myansweris42,

I have tested your settings and use case here on my desk. Here it works as expected.
If you are sure that you have properly tested the unit I would advise you to contact a Victron dealer to help you with this.
If you do not know who your dealer is, please visit: https://professional.victronenergy.com/support/

best regards
Martijn Coster - Victron Energy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jkes avatar image
jkes answered ·

Similar problem with BlueSolar75/10 v1.39.

Wanting to use load output to remote on/off Phoenix24/1200 Inverter.

Using User def. Algo 2 ~ off <25v on <28v

Voltage dropping below 25V threshold ~ still load output is on.

Ve.Direct Cable<>BlueSolar75/10M connected all the time to my workstation which is power by the solar system.

1 comment
2 |3000

eduardo-kang avatar image eduardo-kang commented ·

I’m noticed similar behavior. In my case I have a 3a/12v exhaust fan kick on at a certain voltage and shut off when the voltage reaches 12.7v. Depending on the amount of solar power being collected, the fan runtime varies. What I’ve observed is that the system starts a timer once the voltage drops below the threshold, I want to say it’s two minutes, but It varies. I think the system does this to reduce stop and start - say if the sun comes out and your solar charge brings the voltage over threshold. What I’ve done is simply set the shut off threshold higher to account for the extra time.

If you system drops below threshold and you watch, will it eventually shut off? Is it around 2-4 minutes after the threshold is crossed?

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
rjenningsuk avatar image
rjenningsuk answered ·

Same issue here on both a brand new 75/15 and 100/20. Can't get it to work no matter what. Even waiting 20minutes it just doesn't turn off.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic