question

Francisco Aroca avatar image
Francisco Aroca asked

D.C. current in the external protective earthing conductor

I have read in some Victron manuals (MultiGrid and EcoMulti) the sentence:

"This product can cause a d.c. current in the external protective earthing conductor ".

Can you please give some technical information to understand why this happens?

Can it happen to more devices, such as MultiPlus?

Thank you!

Multiplus-IIMultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbatterydc systemmultigrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This cant be answered in a cut and dried way,

it will depend on how you earth the DC side of the equipment. and then only if a fault occurs etc etc

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solguy avatar image
solguy answered ·

Bonjour

I install One Year before an ECOMULTI with SMA SUNNYBOY at the output, with always the same problem of differential current, cause circuit breaker differential switch. No problem with one device alone with grid on, and no problem without grid off, they work together. But each time the grid come back the differential switch.

At the beginnng we have Error 11 lot of time on the Color Control so we block ESS to use the Ecomulti only to secure one part of the domestical circuit in case of Grid failure, to avoid an each day reconnection . At the last intervention we can resolve this by deconnection of the surge arrester at the output of SMA SB.

Is the place of this answer in this discussion ? which cause this earth current ? Is the ecomulti do the earthing of DC part (24V) ?

Is Differential DC current in surge protector could occur with surtension at the ouput of SMA SB due to sequence relay in the ecomulti at the reconnexion, ("Claclacclac" do the Ecomulti at the DC reconnexion) ? Is this sequence normal ? Is the rainny time could have conection with this problem ?

If someone can help me i will be grateful

2 |3000