question

dmevis avatar image
dmevis asked

Please help with Charging Profile, MPPT 100/30

I have two 6-volt batteries wired in Series in my RV (to give me 12VDC). They are traditional flooded deep cycle batteries at 280Ah each. The available charging profiles are a bit obtuse for me, and there are at least 2 profiles listed for flooded deep cycle batteries. Can someone please recommend which profile I should be using? If it helps, I have included the Manufacturers recommendations for charging their batteries. Would a custom charging profile for these batteries be even better than the available charging profiles? If so, based on this link, what should the charging parameters be?

Thank you for your time.

US Battery Charging Recommendations

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Dm. Your floodeds will be pretty tolerant to minor variations as you see fit. Your link's recommendations also suggest flexibility. Perhaps go by the 'Two Stage' ones there.

Not sure what options you have in front of you, but 14.4V Abs and 13.2V to 13.8V Float should be ok, but you could ease-off to be super-safe. 'Adaptive' and 'Battery Safe' options (if available) will be a little softer on daily-cycler batts.

In practice temp compensation will come into play too. That frightens many, but even your spec sheet has it as a footnote.

Get to know your floodeds. Do they bubble excessively or get hot? Bit like a wife, they'll tell you.. :)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic