question

Martyn Duerden avatar image
Martyn Duerden asked

G98/G99 certified AIR

So I am attempting to buy the Victron packaged Anti Islanding Relay, (RCD000100200) I have ordered and paid for the equipment.

I am now being told that the unit Victron are supplying is unlikely to be G98/G99 compliant.

As is fairly normal getting answers from victron is like pulling teeth, the dealer has no idea and has said they cannot get an answer from victron.

Surely there must be some way of finding out what victron is selling, How can a company not know what it is selling when such information is vital to industry compliance?

Any help gratefully received.

@mvader (Victron Energy Staff)

@Margreet Leeftink (Victron Energy Staff)

@Guy Stewart (Victron Energy Staff)

@Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff)

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

@Izak (Victron Energy Staff)

@jpasop (Victron Energy Staff)

@jperez (Victron Energy Staff)

Apologies for tagging you guys in but I’m not sure where else to go.

Thanks

Martyn

battery charginggrid
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Martyn Duerden avatar image Martyn Duerden commented ·

Can anyone help?

0 Likes 0 ·
5 Answers
sean avatar image
sean answered ·

Was that product sold to you, or advertised as being G98/G99 compliant ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stevo07 avatar image
stevo07 answered ·

These are G59 relays so do not meet the new G99 requirements.

2 |3000

wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·
1 comment
2 |3000

It’s compatible subject to firmware which is not user updatable...

0 Likes 0 ·
Martyn Duerden avatar image
Martyn Duerden answered ·

It’s all about the firmware guys, v10 or later is G98/99 compliant.

All I am trying to find out is what firmware version victron are shipping their product with, that is, they have packaged this device in to their own kit and are selling a ‘total solution’ as opposed to a component.

2 |3000

Chris avatar image
Chris answered ·

"If" the Ziehl device can be programmed to the new G98/G99 requirements, it strictly also needs to be on the ENA type test register - http://www.ena-eng.org/gen-ttr/

which it isnt.....

So may need witness testing by the DNO to use it..... Not to mention applying permission in advance... (to do it properly)

There arent actually many differences to G83/G59 (voltage and frequency limits) until you get into the interesting stuff for supporting the grid / frequency derating / voltage de-rating and that kind of stuff....

Good fun this stuff isn't it !

1 comment
2 |3000

It can be updated but I would hope Victron are selling current compliant kit.

It is on the Ena...

Tvri are the uk agents.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic