question

rod-evans avatar image
rod-evans asked

Adding additional Lithium batteries and resetting the Ah value

I have a MultiPlus 24/3000/70-16 inverter and recently upgraded from Lead Acid to Lithium Batteries. Originally, I had 4 x 12v 200Ah batteries set up as a 2 x 24v 400Ah system. When switching to Lithium I used 2 x 24v 100Ah batteries which my installer programmed into the menu. A week ago, I added another 2 x 24v 100Ah batteries, and now realise that the settings need to be changed so that the inverter knows there are 400Ah available and not 200Ah. As a novice, I don't know how to access the menu to change those values. Can anyone help?

modifications
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

It would help to know what other components are in your system. There may be multiple locations where this setting needs to be changed.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rod-evans avatar image rod-evans commented ·

The Gateway is a Venus GX, and the solar charger is SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/35 with 3 x Polychrisalline panels, which, if memory serves me correctly, are 270v each. (I'm planning on upgrading these in the near future to 4 x 400v mono panels. I hope this gives you a better picture?

0 Likes 0 ·
rod-evans avatar image
rod-evans answered ·

@derrick thomasThe Gateway is a Venus GX, and the solar charger is SmartSolar Charger MPPT 150/35 with 3 x Polychrisalline panels, which, if memory serves me correctly, are 270v each. (I'm planning on upgrading these in the near future to 4 x 400v mono panels. I hope this gives you a better picture?

1 comment
2 |3000

derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas commented ·
You will need to change the ah capacity in the inverter on the battery tab, and also in the smart shunt on the battery tab. If you are using ESS you will also need to run the assistant setup again and change it there as well.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Experiments, Modifications and Adaptions. Mods (Modifications) can be made to Victron Software by the Community. Please use the modifications space for enthusiasts who want to push what is possible, without official Victron Support.