question

secto-kia avatar image
secto-kia asked

Grid Tie inverter with limiter?

Does Victron have a product(s) to do the following:

-Take power from solar panels and feed it back into mains, but try and limit the amount fed back so that a CT measurement is kept as low as possible but never negative (with the idea of putting the CT on grid feed so that no 'excess' over local load is ever fed back into grid).

-Looking for only 1500W or so, no batteries.

solar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

Not without batteries but there are many other brands of PV inverter that can do this as long as an associated energy meter is also fitted. Anthony

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

juliangoespro avatar image juliangoespro commented ·
I was thinking about using a 100/20 and connecting a limited tie gird inverter to the load output, let's say limited at 100W... so when the batteries are full, at least 100W are inserted into the grid, and when the battery is empty, e.g. after a night, and its charging during the day, the overhead will be put into the grid, too? New to all of this! Thank you :) (will the load output also send power when the solar power exceeds the charging current?)
0 Likes 0 ·
iammotorhomeless avatar image
iammotorhomeless answered ·

I was going to say yes, but with a battery, and it would work out expensive

Andy did a review on a "Sun 2000 GTIL2 Inverter" that is made to do just this job. I don't know why Victron don't look at making something similar

https://youtu.be/RcOt8sMgzsQ

I don't know if you are 240V or 110V but I would think they make both versions

HTH

2 |3000

Tobias Franklin avatar image
Tobias Franklin answered ·

Unless I am misunderstanding you all the multiplus inverters do this but you do need the cerbo gx (or home made pi version of).

Its under the ESS settings there you set the grid point value +/-

1684488961143.png

I have mine to maintain a 40W draw to prevent export.

The cerbo gx gets this information via an ET112 meter that sits on the incoming power cables before the consumer box and can either talk to the cerbo via a cable (victron sells this) or via x2 zigbee radio based devices if your equipment is located outside of practical cabling.

I use the zigbees https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/zigbee-converters (they are much cheaper on eg aliexpress)

1684488961143.png (22.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic