question

jcram avatar image
jcram asked

Color Control GX + Venus GX?

Trying to build the ultimate Solar/Inverter setup for my 40-ft RV. I have purchased two Tesla Power Modules and I am planning on using a MultiPlus 24/3000, Color Control GX, Battery Protect 220, BMV 712. Question: Does the Color Control GX include all the features of the Venus GX, or do I still need both for full remote smartphone capability and auto genset start? It looks like the Venus is not needed

CCGX Color ControlGeneratorVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

I have just the page for you!

GX Product Family comparison of Venus-devices:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jcram avatar image jcram commented ·

Thank You

0 Likes 0 ·
Steve Mullins avatar image
Steve Mullins answered ·

One item I found the Venus has but not the Color GX after I bought the Color GX for the local console. The Venus supports multiple tank monitors natively. So if you also want to add some tank monitors for the RV, you might consider the Venus. Just make sure to read both sets of documentation. Here’s a video I did on the monitoring using Victron components on my 27 foot travel trailer.

https://youtu.be/bdJ2nFKNLqk

It’s part of a series I am doing using all Vict on components with Lithium batteries.

2 comments
2 |3000

Interesting! Yes, i'm looking at doing the Tank Monitoring as well, I'll check out your video. If you can monitor all 4 tanks from the Venus that would be cheaper than (4) of the Canbus adapters for the CCGX

1 Like 1 ·
stavarda avatar image stavarda commented ·

hi do you have any links to Tank monitor that are compatible

thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

the main difference is, that the Color Control GX has a local display and the Venus GX has not. Both devices are running Venus as operating system and offer a remote console, wich is viewable on your smartphone. It is possible to control a genset with both devices.

For the ultimate solar setup, I would consider adding a Victron MPPT too ;o)

Regards,

Markus

2 comments
2 |3000

My Current Design is (2) Tesla 5.62kWh modules, a MultiPlus 24/3000 Inverter, a SmartSolar 150/100 MPPT, 220 Battery Protect, a 712, 4 tank monitor sensors, and (6) 435W Sunpower PV panels

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ jcram commented ·

Nice! :o)

0 Likes 0 ·