question

pete0141 avatar image
pete0141 asked

EasySolar GX 48V/3000 grid parallel?

Hello community.

I’m long time reader not so much contributor…

I’ve recently installed EasySolar. It works in off-grid as all attempts on connecting to grid failed miserably. I would like to have it so grid can feed excess of demand (above 3kW)

I’m sure it must be a simple way but me and my mate electrician scratching heads with no results…

The way we’ve tried: grid is connected to consumer unit and this is where I have AC-IN fed from. Then AC-OUT from Inverter goes to the same consumer unit. Apparently that should work. Should it? The system also have a current sensor on LIVE grid line, but it doesn’t seem working…

Any suggestions will be very helpful and appreciated.

EasySolar All-in-Onemultiplus in parallelHelpgrid parallel
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

It sounds like you want the unit to work in parallel with the grid. If so you don't use the AC IN, you just connect the AC out of the inverter to appropriate circuit protection in your consumer unit.

Then programme/set up the unit accordingly using the VE Config software or remote VE config.

Also ensure the appropriate grid code is chosen for your country in the set up menu. Anthony

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pete0141 avatar image
pete0141 answered ·

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for your kind answer and support.

I will sound thick here but I can't find any instructions or an area where to set it up. Until very recently I had a Voltacone inverter, this was almost the same as the very popular Chinese knockoffs. It's not an excuse, but Victron environment is confusing and intimidating for me at the moment.

Would you be so kind and direct me to the right spot for instructions?

Happy Easter!

1 comment
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ·

These documents you should have consulted prior to installing the inverter. Also, prior to enabling a grid code, ensure the Easysolar is certified by your grid operator for connection in parallel to their network e.g. it is not certified in the UK and therefore ESS not supported.
https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/easysolar-ii-gx#manuals

0 Likes 0 ·
anthony avatar image
anthony answered ·

Will your new Easy Solar be connected to the internet and in turn the Victron portal? That will be the easiest route to set it up. What battery brand and model do you have?

2 |3000