question

rainer avatar image
rainer asked

EasySolar: Benefit of AC out 2 when PowerAssist is not used?

When not making use of PowerAssist, is there any benefit from having AC out 2?
I could connect the grid directly through a fuse with the load instead of connecting AC out 2 with the load.

EasySolar All-in-Onepowerassistac out 2
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Ac 2 out is for non inverter loads or large loads you dont want to be run by the batteries if the power goes down IE if the mains goes down then AC 2 loses power but AC1 keeps power as the easysolar supplys power out the ac1 connection only then

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rainer avatar image rainer commented ·

Thank you this is understood. However, then I could also connect the large loads directly to ACin and use a separate fuse.

Then, when ACin looses power, the large load is also without power.
When ACin is supplied power, the large load can also draw power through the Multiplus inverter. The large load could be connected between meter and Easyplus,

From the above, I still do not understand the benefit of having the AC out 2 in EasySolar.

0 Likes 0 ·
tilo avatar image
tilo answered ·

If you connect the large loads on AC Out 2, they will be added to the total consumption calculation from the AC source. If you reach the AC Input Limit, then the "Power Control" function kicks in and reduces battery charge current. If battery charge current is at 0 and the consumption is still higher than AC Input, then the Power Assist function will come in to keep the system running.

If you connect the big loads outside the Multiplus, you don´t have control over the total consumption from the AC source and might overload the AC source.

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Rainer If you connect devices on the ACin, I hazard a guess that large loads will not benefit from PV internal consumption unless you feed back out to the grid. If it is simply a direct pass thru, then it could simply be to simplify things dependent on your type of installation. You'd need a separate circuit with breakers with your proposal which means separating distribution sensibly and safely.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

EasySolar 1600 product page

EasySolar-II GX 3000 & 5000 product page