question

solarmad avatar image
solarmad asked

Generator running and covering load but not charging BYD battery

System is over 12 months old and the generator worked all that time including yesterday, today the generator is on and covering the load but will not add charge to the battery, if just fluctuates with the AC load. No faults on the battery, it is at 12 degrees and will accept 100a according with health 100% and no alarms. Battery is 38% and 53v

GeneratorBYD
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Check your ESS settings in the CCGX

I am presuming you are using ess but you have not advised how your system is setup, so its hard to give you advise,

HOWEVER as a example

in the CCGX/VenusGX under ESS settings

ie if you have the Min SOC say set to 38%

and the Grid setpoint is below current consumpsion level then it will supply all the loads but will not charge, try increasing the grid set point

just one possible scenario

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solarmad avatar image
solarmad answered ·

No it’s not an ESS it is full off grid. No settings were changed by us but I understand what you are saying and I will remote VE config and see if it have somehow changed settings.

2 |3000

solarmad avatar image
solarmad answered ·

Problem solved for now after twice doing a complete shutdown and start up. I believe it was the BMU. Last night it was saying healthy and the quattros state was invertering. Customer turned generator off and power went down would not run off the 38% in the battery. Started generator this morning and Quattro state was pass through. Shut the whole system down for two minutes and fires it up again and it is working

2 |3000

solarmad avatar image
solarmad answered ·

Hi Guys

The problem was the software update 2.31 wheras the colour contoller reporting was playing up. The fix was to disable DVCC and when I did that I didnt turn the quattro off and on again. This made the quattro go to passthrough and would not charge the battery or operate without the generator running. simple little off then on reset.

2 |3000