question

shmol avatar image
shmol asked

Quattro inverter overloas but Phoenix doesn't

I've replaced Phoenix with Quattro. Both have identical inverters according to datasheets. 24v 5000VA 230v.

Phoenix was rarely overloaded, Quattro constantly. Even a coffee maker can trigger it.

Phoenix never showed "Temperature" warning while working in 45C°. Quattro works in 35C°, shows a warning and then shuts down with an error.

Typical scenario: 10A load for 2 hours triggers a temperature warning first, then an error and Quattro shuts down. Ambient temperature is 35C°. Fan sounds like it's working.

What could be the reason? Broken Quattro?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
shmol avatar image
shmol answered ·

Looks like I've fixed it.

The problem was in connectors from transformers. There's two transformers. One of them was completely disconnected. Another one was just loose. So I fixed the connectors with pliers and now everything looks fine.

At least it's able to start a 1.5kw motor (so 9kw at start).
I believe that is is a quality control issue. There was a problem from the start a recent shipping by UPS make it more appearant.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

Loose connection somewhere?

2 comments
2 |3000

shmol avatar image shmol commented ·
But how this can exaplain the temperature error? It even happened with no AC load (load switched to genset).
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler shmol commented ·
Loose connections at AC in or out would generate substantially more heat.
0 Likes 0 ·