question

ako avatar image
ako asked

Smart Shunt Temperature DVCC

I have just installed a Smart Shunt with a the correct Temperature sensor but the Cerbo is still using the other type of sensor that conects the the Negative pole , it cant see the Shun Sensor . Looking at the lis it has Multiplus , Battery Temperature sensor 1 ( the one conected to the negative termnal ) Automatic or No Sensor , no mention of the Shunt .

Also how can i tell if DVCC is using the Voltage from the Shunt or from the Bus bar as berofr Shunt was installed , theres no list showing the options .

DVCC
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@AKO

One thing at a time.

Is the temperature sensor on the smart shunt setup as a temp sensor in Victron connect?

Does the smart shunt appear in the devices list on the GX?

Is it set as the system battery monitor?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
ako avatar image
ako answered ·

Is the temperature sensor on the smart shunt setup as a temp sensor in Victron connect?.............It is now and i can see it on the list and selected iT.

Is it set as the system battery monitor? . No it apears that its set for Battery Monitor but its greyed out and says Changes are not allowed on remote conections .

Shunt now showing 23c on Victron Connect and VE Bus Sumary on VRM but MPPT stil showing 25c so must stil be taking it fropm the Old temperature sensor

I follower the quick start guide and then through Victron Conect set Battery Bank size , charge Voltage at 0.3 Volts under Asrption and the Tail Current at 1.85 Amps ( .5% of 370 Amps ) 1/200th .

Another thing that puzzles me is that i have always understood Lead Acid batteries to be inefficient and a lot or the charge going into them is lost but it recomends a Charge Efficiency Factor of 95% which seems very close to Lithium at 99% , am i missing something

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@AKO

The charge efficiency would need to be what ever the manufacturer recommends.

The agms and gels I think are more efficient than the liquid ones which were at 85% and used alot of power just floating. I also find 95% not so believable. But I havent used any recently so cannot say for sure.

Before you put the shunt in, DVCC likely used the inverter battery terminal voltage.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources