question

sunilkumar avatar image
sunilkumar asked

Can I connect micro-inverter directly to a battery?

hello everyone,
i have a solution for microinverter with battery system i am sharing a picture for all of you and please check that this combination should be work or not and suggest me best solution for me?screenshot-2023-03-21-at-223815.png

microgrid
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sunilkumar avatar image sunilkumar commented ·
suggest me best solution
0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw sunilkumar commented ·
Best solution ... buy a hybrid inverter. Also, it is not only unsafe, but probably against your local regulations to have live exposed AC power connectors off the micro inverters. The various protection mechanisms e.g. fusing, isolators and RCD are also missing.
0 Likes 0 ·
petajoule avatar image petajoule ejrossouw commented ·

"live exposed AC power connectors."

And if you knew how microinverters work, you would know this is not being a problem.
0 Likes 0 ·
thanar avatar image thanar commented ·

it would be useful if you would add the specs for the micro inverters you intend to use.

0 Likes 0 ·
sunilkumar avatar image sunilkumar thanar commented ·

1e869069-f4c9-49a3-97a1-e77157c2190d.jpeghere is the inverter technical specification

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ sunilkumar commented ·

Micro inverters are not meant to be powered from batteries.

Micro inverters are meant to be powered by solar panels.

What are you trying to make happen??

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
jetlag avatar image
jetlag answered ·

I used a simmilar setup before I build my "big" PV installation. It was more for testing, but what I figured out was, that it made more sense to connect one PV module directly to one of the micro inverters, and one micro inverter then to the battery.

Of ouf your description we don't really know what is your plan, so what do you want to achive?

But I would guess you want to reduce your consumption from the grid? ;-)

For me it turned out to be a good solution with one dircet feed in during the day, and one (limited) feed in out of the battery at night.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic