question

mark-a avatar image
mark-a asked

VictronConnect app incorrectly complains about settings file created with future firmware version

What I have to report here obviously is not related to the devices I bought from different dealers but to the VictronConnect app which I bought (for 0 €) from the Google Play Store and the seller there is listed as Victron Energy BV. So the dealer to contact is Victron Energy. Yet on a similar occasion writing to the developer contact email address named in the app info in the Play Store I got a terse reply referring me to "the dealer". Thus, finding no more appropriate place I'm reporting the issue here.

When I opened the VictronConnect app this morning and headed to my BMV I got a warning message it could not load the settings file as it allegedly was created for a newer firmware but the Product Info page showed the device being on the latest firmware already. The same with my BlueSolar MPPT and it already happened once before.

VictronConnectbug report
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Just checked my system. Software versions on the MPPT and BMV are the same as yours and up to date.

Which version of Victron connect do you have? Mine is 5.82 and no updates available.

Which phone are you using? OS must be Android, which version?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Michelle Konzack avatar image
Michelle Konzack answered ·

Android 8/9/10 are working fine, but my Tablet is 12 and has the same problem.

1 comment
2 |3000

Michelle Konzack avatar image Michelle Konzack commented ·
Version 11 I can not test
0 Likes 0 ·
mark-a avatar image
mark-a answered ·

@kevgermany & @Michelle Konzack: The VictronConnect app is the latest, v5.82, and I use a Fairphone 3 updated to Android 11.

1 comment
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
Thanks, trying to get some help for you.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic