question

Anthony avatar image
Anthony asked

MultiGrid 48/3000/35-50 in parallel, generator circuit arrangement

Hello people,

I have a project with some lightly used MultiGrid 48/3000/35-50. They're too good to be scrapped, but didn't come with a manual, so I'm looking to power an off grid house with two of them in parallel.

I understand from the training we need to have them perfectly balanced with even length cables that aren't over rated.

I'm curious to know how to rate the circuit protection for a generator input and system output.

Each unit will pass through 50a but the existing generator will only be 20a total contribution at best.

Should the system have a 10a MCB for each inverter input?

With 3kW inverter output and surge rating to 6kW, each inverter could have a 32a MCB on the output, with a single downstream 63a main switch?

There will be a colour control and a 48/250-85 solar reg with 4kW PV as well. Would it be feasible to add a Fronius Primo at a later date?

Cheers

multiple inverters
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Anthony avatar image
Anthony answered ·

So I have the units updated with latest firmware, configured in parallel and they deliver current to a load very well. I'm happy with the balance at 4 and 4.1 amps each...

However they refuse to stay online when I introduce an external supply, whether the MEN connection is upstream of the inverters or downstream, they behave the same way.

And I can't for the life of me remember what I did to the last easysolar 1600 I had which had the same problem...

Frustratingly the "old manuals" section of the Victron website
https://www.victronenergy.com/old_manuals#inverterchargers

has a broken link for the appropriate manual,
https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-MultiPlus-3k-230V-16A--50A-(firmware-xxxx1xx)a-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic