question

overdog79 avatar image
overdog79 asked

Orion Non-Isolated 12 12 30 wiring question

I'm just planning wiring for my van build and just wanted to confirm my understanding is right. I'll be installing 2 AGM leisure batteries at the front of the van, near the starter batt and will have all other electrical components at the rear of the van.

For DC to DC, I'm looking at using an non- isolated Orion 12 12 30 and was planning to wire as below.

img-20230305-130039.jpg

Just want to be sure that I don't need to run a negative to the back of the van since the ground will take care of that for me? Is that correct?

Thanks

orion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Galin Radoslavov avatar image
Galin Radoslavov answered ·

If it is not a secret - why you place equipment in two different spaces.

My opinion is that the cables length and cross section will reflect to voltage drop - first. And the second one - is temperature compensation. How to solve these two problems? You have to buy smart converter and battery sence unit.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

overdog79 avatar image
overdog79 answered ·

In 2 places for for space reasons, I can have my 2 leisure batteries under the front seats closer to the starter but no space for anything else. In the back I will have all of my electrical...DC-DC, 12v fuses, mppt etc.

I will be sizing cables appropriately to account for voltage drop and will have a BMS.

I just wanted to check what I'm doing with the -ve wiring is correct or should I run an additional cable?

2 |3000