question

sebastianlehmann avatar image
sebastianlehmann asked

three phase with 9 Quattros AC negative question

I have noted in the training videos that in a three phase system configuration, the negative out of the 3 phase MUST be connected (/or in this case the 9 units).

May the negatives from Quattros be interconected between units but be isolated from the negative loads (or NEG from generator if the case), or they MUST be connected to NEG from the load all the time?.

I normally install a 4x100Amp breaker and neg is disconected from load on each 3 phase line, and maybe I am doing this wronly.

Regards.

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@SebastianLehmann

The battery negative should remain unbroken between the units. This is because of some components not being galvanically isolated.

So when fusing your dc only fuse positive for each inverter or adding disconnects for both only after the bus bar down to the batteries.

See the book wiring unlimited.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sebastianlehmann avatar image sebastianlehmann commented ·

Thanks for the response Alexandra, but I mentioned the AC neg, not the DC negative. Do you know about this?

Regards

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ sebastianlehmann commented ·

@SebastianLehmann

Are you referring to the AC Neutral?

Victrons are neutral reference systems.

And neutral is usually unbroken as it is tied to earth so safety as well?

You need to consult a good electrician.

0 Likes 0 ·
sebastianlehmann avatar image sebastianlehmann commented ·
0 Likes 0 ·
sebastianlehmann avatar image
sebastianlehmann answered ·

@Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) probably know this better than me?? LOL

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic